Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NBA Shootout 97: The Game that Ushered Me Into Playstation 1

So Sega Genesis was still making relevant video games by the time Playstation 1 became a hot item. I was still playing NBA Live 96 on my Sega Genesis.

NBA Shootout 97, the game was all graphics.

The home courts, the polygonal players, the up-close shots.

On its hardest difficulty setting the computer would almost never miss. Presented quite the puzzle back in the day. However, a guide book said that the key was to let the poor shooters shoot. You'd leave someone like a Dennis Rodman open.

I'd choose the Grizzlies at the most difficult setting, reasoning that I'd be one of the best players. So I learned how to play with Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Bryant Reeves, and Greg Anthony as my main players.

No comments:

Post a Comment