Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Madden 2001: Awesome Last Effort on the Playstation 1

There was a Madden 2001 for the newly-minted Playstation 2.

I figured that Playstation 2 would have to chop down it's prices eventually and so I didn't get that game.

Instead for Christmas, it was Madden 2001 for the Playstation 1.

The game was serious fun. It was the furthest I'd gone with a Madden game. Previous to that I was only able to get to second base. Heh. Heh.

By then, the dynasty mode had been worked on and there was a whole Post-season Management. I particularly loved Player progression, the NFL Draft, Preaseason, and Depth Chart. I chose the Bears as my dynasty team.

Of course I added Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey as my corners, legitimately. Had them locked up for quite the longest time. I got all other fill-in talent through the draft. Of course I drafted whoever rated high in speed at any position and built my teams all around that. L.Dumler was a motherfuckin' beast on the right end.

It was the same with running backs, wide receivers, and quarterbacks. Draft whoever was fast and watch the develop into stars.

NFL Talent evaluation was so easy back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment